J. Robert Havlick and Thomas H. Muehlenbeck Awards
An innovation is “the creative idea become realized”
The J. Robert Havlick Award for Innovation in Local Government was conceptualized by The Innovation Groups’ (now the Alliance for Innovation) Board of Directors to honor Bob Havlick, founder of IG who retired in 2003. One local government, its internal champion(s), and the innovation were acknowledged with the J. Robert Havlick Award for Innovation in Local Government. In addition, one local government and its program, initiative, project, etc. received the Thomas H. Muehlenbeck Award for Excellence in Local Government. Muehlenbeck served as the City Manager of Plano, TX for over 20 years and was The Innovation Groups Board of Directors’ Chair for 10 years.
Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation will also be awarded.
Criteria for the Awards
The submission should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- How it successfully addressed an important dilemma of public service delivery concerns.
- How it has had a positive impact and tremendous benefit to the community or jurisdiction.
- A quantum leap of creativity.
- The government’s commitment and support of bringing the innovation to life.
- Service delivery improvements and/or efficiencies.
- Organizational improvement because of the innovation.
- Tangible effectiveness and results.
The Selection Process:
Only Alliance for Innovation members are eligible to apply for an innovation award. Organizations are limited to two application submissions. The Award Selection Committee, made up of Alliance for Innovation Board of Directors, will review the applications and select the winners.
The Notification Process:
All award applicants will be notified of the Committee’s decision via email by the end of March 2018. Those receiving awards will be announced and recognized throughout the 2018 Transforming Local Government Conference. The Muehlenbeck and Havlick Award winners will receive one free registration to the conference.
The Application Process:
Applications are not being accepted at this time.