HOTEL REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 13
BIG Ideas 2017 will take place at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel, 421 South Salisbury Street, NC 27601. The recently redesigned hotel brings a fresh, new energy and is located downtown within walking distance of the hottest attractions, restaurants, nightlife, and shopping.
Make your Sheraton Raleigh Hotel reservation for BIG Ideas 2017. The discounted event room rate is $159 for single/double rooms and $169 for triple/quad rooms. Make reservations before September 13, 2017 to guarantee availability and your discounted rate.
More about BIG Ideas
Join your colleagues for a lively discussion at the 9th annual BIG Ideas meeting in Raleigh, NC October 6-8, 2017. Attendees will join Provocateurs in large and small group conversations to discuss, “The Emerging and Uncertain Role of Local Governments in Social Minefields.” Roughly 100 leaders from across North America will join together and think through the question, "What should guide local government as it treads upon disputed social territory?"
- How much authority does and should local government have in these issues?
- What should guide local government administrators: their personal core values, or the majority values in their communities, or minority values in their communities, or the values of their elected body?
- How should local government act in these issues? Do they choose regulation, educate/legislate/advocacy? Or, is the best path to take a support role to other community players?
- Is this an issue that local government ought to be able to act on behalf of their community, or should the state act on it?
- What are the places where local governments can be effective?
Hosted by the Alliance for Innovation, BIG Ideas is an invitation-only event that gathers progressive leaders to explore critical issues for the future of communities. The Alliance for Innovation is inspiring innovation to advance communities. As the premier resource for emerging practices in local government, the Alliance is building cultures of innovation and connecting thought leaders in the profession.
NOTE: All Alliance Ambassadors are invited to attend BIG Ideas. Aren't sure if you are an Ambassador? Check you profile.