Ten organizations are charging ahead in their innovation journey, participating in the Alliance for Innovation’s 2018 Innovation Academy, taking place between August 2017 and March 2018:
- Anaheim, California
- Clearwater, Florida
- East Point, Georgia
- Glendale, Arizona
- Guilford County, North Carolina
- Olathe, Kansas
- Ontario, California
- Red Wing, Minnesota
- Roswell, Georgia
- Sequim, Washington
These ten organizations will join 44 organizations across North America who have participated in the Academy since 2013. The tested framework of the Innovation Academyh provides support for developing an innovative project in their community and encourages participants to recommend ways to strengthen the culture of innovation in their organizations. At the end of the eight-month period participants will:
- Understand the innovation process and how to integrate it into their organization;
- Build cross-functional teams which have the capacity to address organizational and community issues;
- Expand organizational capacity for ongoing innovation;
- Learn more about their organizational culture and how to cultivate leadership;
- Undertake a new project which will make a contribution to the organization and/or address a community issue; and,
- Develop action plan for increasing their internal capacity to build an innovative culture.
The teams will have the opportunity to showcase their Academy projects and innovation efforts at the Transforming Local Government conference in Tacoma, WA on April 3-6, 2018. Following their graduation, the teams will join a network of over 500 Innovation Academy alumni for continued networking and sharing of lessons learned.
Recruitment for the Innovation Academy Class of 2019 (August 2018-April 2019) will begin in early 2018. For organizations interested in invigorating innovation activities before then, the Alliance also offers an OnSight innovation “boot camp” based on the Innovation Academy curriculum, and the program is offered to interested communities throughout the year. To learn more about the Innovation Academy or hosting an OnSight event, contact Kim Bradford, Strategic Initiatives Director, at email@example.com.