"In these extraordinary and demanding times, the alliance is a tremendous asset for me and the city of arlington. it combines professional knowledge and industry resources to affect change, promote connectedness with peers, and provides problem solving capabilities. everyone in public service who is tackling today's challenges needs the type of support, research and ideas the alliance provides."
-Jim Holgersson, City Manager, Modesto, CA
Membership for Cities, Counties, and Other Local Government Jurisdictions
Membership fees are based upon your jurisdiction's population and range from $1,020 for populations under 10,000 up to $9,000 for populations greater than 750,000 people. Membership in the Alliance for Innovation applies to all employees of your organization. Join Today!
Population of Jurisdiction
Annual Membership Dues
|Less than 10,000
|10,000 to 25,000
|25,000 to 50,000
|50,000 to 75,000
|75,000 to 100,000
|100,000 to 250,000
|250,000 to 750,000
|Greater than 750,000
Other Membership Categories and Annual Dues
1. Retired City/County Managers/MITs: $50
2. Students: $20
To register in one of the "Other Membership Categories" please contact Lizette Sierra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.496.0944.
The Value of Belonging
How does the Alliance inspire innovation and help advance your community?
By being the premier resource for emerging practices
Through content such as:
Helping you gain a Learning Edge:
- Webinars on emerging topics vital to local government, highlighting solutions
- Workshops covering a wide range of topics, delivered to your community.
- Transforming Local Government Conference brings together the innovative thinkers working to transform local government
- BIG Ideas is an invitation only event that gathers progressive leaders to explore critical issues for the future of local government
- OnDemand store featuring our catalog of recorded webinars, innovation bundles, and digital docs to enhance your knowledge base
With industry leading research:
- Enhanced Research Partnership between Arizona State University, the Alliance and ICMA to promote research and dissemination of emerging and leading practices
- Local Government Research Collaborative a consortium of local government practitioners and academia that identifies and funds research on topics that will have impact on the profession
Building cultures of innovation:
- Innovation Academy a tested framework local governments can use to integrate the innovation process into their organization
- Ambassador program connects champions within member organizations, building their innovation skills and connecting them to resources and tools of the Alliance
Connecting thought leaders:
- Knowledge Network an online community of local government professionals that fosters rich content, social networking and knowledge exchange on a global scale.
- Forums both face-to-face and virtual forums connect organizations facing similar issues to solve challenging problems
- Job Center the leading resource for posting employment opportunities and viewing openings in local government; members receive special benefits when posting.
Through the wide variety of offerings, we are accessible and valuable to all levels of your organization. Guided by our vast network, resources and the Regional Directors assigned to support you, our goal is to Inspire innovation to advance your community.
Call 888.496.1096 or email your Regional Director for more information on how to leverage these benefits for your organization.