This group is for student and intern members of ICMA to share resources, ideas, and career aspirations. You can join as an ICMA student or intern member for $25 per year.
Discover How Rewarding a Local Government Management Career Can Be
• Do you want to make a difference in your community?
• Do you want to work in an organization where no two days are the same?
• Do you want to help plan and impact the future of your community?
Explore a local government management career and experience the benefits yourself
Public service at the local level is uniquely fulfilling because you see the impact you make. Local government managers combine the aspirations of residents and the policy goals of the elected council and put them into action. On a daily basis, local government employees see improvements to streets, parks and other public facilities; new buildings coming out of the ground; advances in police and fire services for safer communities; and happier, more fulfilled children, families, and senior citizens. A career in local government puts democracy at the resident’s doorstep. You will:
• Tackle complex issues each day that spark your ingenuity and creativity
• Engage and improve the lives of citizens in your community
• Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package