The City of Chandler's Economic Development Department is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of Economic Development Project Manager.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to plan, evaluate and manage complex projects and programs that support the City's retail, commercial base, industrial base, small business initiatives, workforce development, business recruitment and retention and redevelopment. The incumbent takes a proactive role in analyzing trends and economic markets, developing strong working relationships with key industry leaders, negotiating complex agreements, and conducting sales presentations and prospect tours.
Essential Functions (list not exhaustive):
• Implements targeted marketing programs to influence and build relationships with prospects, consultants, company decision makers, and media information sources;
• Negotiates development agreements with direction;
• Proactively identifies and addresses community business climate issues and develops solutions;
• Performs economic development and support work to advance the City's policy of broadening its retail, commercial, and industrial base;
• Evaluates projects utilizing cost/benefit analysis, fiscal and economic impact and relevant multiplier factors;
• Works closely and establishes relationships with the Arizona Commerce Authority, the Greater Phoenix Economic Council and other strategic partners to promote Chandler as a destination for private sector investment;
• Prepares prospect proposals consisting of economic, statistical, financial, population, growth, demographic, site analysis, tax, and other information;
• Assists existing businesses in expanding business activities;
• Represents the City as a liaison in local and regional economic development, retail, business, marketing, and related associations and at meetings, conferences, and trade shows;
• Presents oral and written reports to city agencies, City Council, economic development interest groups, and other interested parties;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures;
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City's Safety Handbook;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Economic Development, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Planning, or a related; and
• Six (6) years' experience in economic development, marketing, with experience in managing high profile projects; and
• Valid Arizona Driver's License with acceptable driving record; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
The position available is regular full-time and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.
How to Apply
Apply on-line at www.chandleraz/hr/jobs
City of Chandler, AZ
With a growing population of 250,000, Chandler, Arizona is located in the southeast portion of the Phoenix metropolitan area. Chandler is known as the “Silicon Desert” due to its many high tech employers including Intel and Microchip. The City which operates under the council-manager form government is a full-service organization with 1,650 FTE’s and an $934.5 million budget.
Back to Search Results