The City of Charlotte is seeking an innovative, visionary, experienced call center manager to serve as the Housing & Neighborhood Services Division Manager of CharMeck 311. CharMeck 311 is a contact center with approximately 104 full time employees and currently addresses over 1.6 million calls per year. It serves as the primary point-of-contact for residents to reach services and departments for both the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. The 311 Division Manager is a member of the leadership of the Housing & Neighborhood Services Department and will be responsible for implementing change to allow residents to connect with City services and departments using technologies beyond phone calls, such as social media and mobile apps. Additionally, the 311 Division Manager must be able to interact with a diverse group of peers, constituencies, subordinates, and superiors with the utmost level of professionalism and sensitivity. The 311 Division Manager is responsible for serving as a lead change agent and supporting Charlotte’s goal of becoming an employer of choice by attracting and retaining capable and dedicated employees while maintaining a positive work environment.
This position reports to the Director of the Housing & Neighborhood Services Department.
Responsibilities and Key Initiatives:
• Managing a diverse staff of front-line call center agents, supervisors, analysts and managers.
o Develop and maintain a professional customer service workforce
o Review, monitor, and provide performance feedback to direct reports
o Ensure training needs are met to support business goals and employee professional growth
o Commit to programs that enhance employee morale, engagement, service, and knowledge
• Ensuring continuous improvement to the customer experience.
o Prepare call center performance reports that evaluate performance metrics including call efficiency, low abandonment rate, and customer satisfaction surveys
o Maintain a Workforce Management plan to ensure that call volume is forecasted and adequately staffed to meet customer demand
• Collaborating with other City and County departments to support the ability of CharMeck 311 to serve Charlotte-Mecklenburg residents.
o Meet service level objectives for capturing, handling, and tracking calls and service requests for participating City and County departments
o Work with departments to ensure that timely and accurate information is available to 311 staff and able to be provided to callers at all times
o Work with departments to ensure that service requests are fulfilled within established timeframes and citizen expectations are met, including requests for speakers through the Need A Speaker program
o Work with departments to ensure that changes to business processes at the department level are made in conjunction with best practices for meeting citizen’s needs at 311
• Ensuring that CharMeck 311 has access to appropriate technology
o Collaborate with the Information and Technology Department and Housing & Neighborhood Services Technology staff to evaluate state-of-the-art technologies and improve existing technology to meet citizen service expectations
o Work with organizational partners to ensure that staffing structure of technology support and operations meets the business requirements of CharMeck 311
• Familiarity with Contact Center Technology
• Demonstrated leadership and professional achievement
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a variety of audiences
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Motivated to seek professional and technical knowledge to track emerging trends in call center management
• Excellent Team-building skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated Innovation Capabilities
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree in Public or Business Administration or other related discipline or ten years relevant experience is required
• Experience managing a contact center with over 50 agents
• Minimum five years of call center/contact center management experience
• Experience effectively utilizing web, chat, and social media channels in a contact center environment
• Detailed knowledge of customer (and citizen) service best practices
• Demonstrated and Proven commitment to employee development and growth
• Bi-/Multi-lingual preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the “City Jobs and Careers” section at www.charlottenc.gov by 12/6/17.
Back to Search Results