Application deadline: November 17, 2017 at 5pm EST.
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
The Business Tax Supervisor is responsible for supervising and assisting Business Tax Auditors who screen, audit, and process business license applications, returns of business tangible property, and fiduciary tax returns; maintains records for business personal property accounts; The position also assists the public in person, by email, and by telephone with questions, concerns, or legal obligations regarding business license assessments; corresponds with taxpayers regarding business tax matters; informs taxpayers of administrative and judicial appeals that may be available to them; audits tax and financial records to identify all taxable gross receipts; Performs other duties as required. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is performed independently, with diverse functional areas and more specialization and ability to train others. Reports to the Commissioner of Revenue.
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field. (Minimally, possession of high school diploma or GED is required and additional relevant work and/or training experience may be considered equivalent.)
- Minimum of three (3) years of auditing experience, including one year of supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid appropriate driver's permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- PCI government tax software system experience;
- Experience conducting tax audit investigations;
- Experience assisting/preparing tax audit work plans;
- Experience performing statistical analysis;
- Bilingual abilities, speaking/writing Spanish.
How to Apply
To view a more complete job posting and to apply, visit our website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our website and only until the closing date of the position on November 17, 2017 at 5pm EST. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity.
Back to Search Results