The City of Colonial Heights is seeking a highly professional Director of Information Technology to oversee and direct the Information Technology activities for the City. This position, which reports to the City Manager, plans, organizes and directs the Information Technology activities for the City; directs staff and service venders. Serves as an advisor to the City Manager and Department Directors.
Examples of Duties
• Directs and leads all information technology-related functions including systems analysis and design, programming, maintenance, documentation, internet and intranet design and maintenance.
• Manages IT project development and operational/telecommunications support for enterprise and vocational systems.
• Oversees system development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
• Develops IT goals and objectives and oversees the development of IT policies and procedures.
• Manages the City's e-government program, City web site and Intranet.
• Provides assistance with the City's Geographic Information System (GIS).
• Directs the dissemination of public information through web-based and electronic media.
• Researches, evaluates and manages the implementation of new technologies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of City business processes.
• Coordinates communication among internal staff and service providers regarding IT initiatives and projects.
• Prepares and manages the IT budget and capital requests.
• Manages the performance of the IT Services Vendor.
• Chairs the Web Committee.
• Directs the Information Technology Team.
Education & Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree and over ten years directly related professional and supervisory experience or
A Master's Degree and over five years directly related professional and supervisory experience or
any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience with information technology functions and systems.
• Knowledge of computer applications, maintenance, and support.
• Ability to research new technologies and assess their application to local governments.
• Must have a clear and open communication style.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with and across departments, with the City's Management team, the Mayor and City Council, and other City officials.
• Possess or obtain a valid Virginia driver's license.
• Successfully pass a criminal background investigation and pre-employment medical/drug screening.
Brochure/Additional Job Details
How to Apply
Visit the City’s web site at www.colonialheightsva.gov to apply online. A City of Colonial Heights employment application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, December 1, 2017.
The City of Colonial Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Search Results