Institute for Building Technology and Safety
Job ID 2017-1389
of Openings 1
Job Locations US-VA-Ashburn
Posted Date 10/18/2017
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran. S3 Residence encouraged to apply.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. This position will require city management experience as well as experience in building public private partnership and to lead the teams that provide excellence in city services.
• Establishes IBTS's stature as a leader in the fields of local government solution provider that meets IBTS mission and vision.
• Develop relationships and create a value proposition that allows IBTS to serve cities, counties, and regions to reduce the cost of service, improve the quality and experience of the citizens, and use city/community funds/staff in a way that city manager, mayor, Council are well connected and responsive to their citizens. From these efforts, develop agreements to serve the cities as a nonprofit partner and to help convert the vision of the city manager, mayor, and council into a realty.
• Oversee an operation of few hundred staff serving various cities across country. Lead the teams located in various branch offices and providing diverse services to different clients and different types of contracts, grants, and service agreements.
• Manage Contract and Grants, oversee the delivery of local government solution services (quality, timeliness, cost, impact to the client, reporting), supervise project managers and local government services staff, develop and track budget, approve project expenses, develop staff and help in building capacity within IBTS and teaming with other organizations.
• Take responsibility as a Director and serve as member of IBTS leadership team, liaison with founding organization on local government issues and supervise staff. Serve the strategic interests of the company.
• Quickly analyze municipality's financial positions, operations and areas of risk exposure; develop initiatives to conserve / maximize internal cash flow and improve operations.
• Develop IBTS local government solutions team by building a team of strategic partner's consultants and staff with focus in the following functional governmental areas in the financial management and problem solving in the areas typically provided under a PPP model.
• Oversee typical city services other than fire and police, such as: public works, utilities, building department, engineering, Community Development, administrative, financial, IT, human capital, sanitation, bus, library, and other community Services.
• Develop, write and implement operating and business plans
• Develops an overall strategy for expanding local government solutions including matching IBTS's expertise and government needs, establishing annual revenue goals, identifying targets of opportunity for business development, developing solutions that meet state and local needs, and creating a pipeline for regular income to meet established goals.
• Researches and monitors sources of funding to meet business development targets, creates relationships to produce new business, and responds to requests for proposals and state and local government opportunity announcements.
• Establishes connections with federal agencies responsible to support local and state governments for the services described above and implements penetration plans to maximize government funding opportunities.
• Develop and leverage existing marketing and business development resources to facilitate creation of concept papers, white papers, and articles for publication to raise IBTS's profile as a government solution provider and to lay the groundwork for new business.
• Establishes partnerships and teaming agreements with like-minded organizations and businesses to enhance IBTS's ability to meet government needs and generate new business.
• Reaches out to state and local officials to explore development of new energy services to meet emerging needs.
• Represents IBTS and speaks on local government solutions and expand IBTS image to all local governments' decision makers in partnership with IBTS's board-appointing associations.
• Serves as a member of the IBTS leadership team participating in organization-wide decision making and long-term planning.
• Recruits, coaches and supervises qualified staff to carry out business contracts, help achieve business development goals, and contribute to the overall IBTS mission.
• Develops high potential management and technical resources in the sector.
• Manages grants and contracts to meet all project deadlines and ensure cost-effective project operations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Travel required about 25-50%
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fvzm2p6yw2vd2r55
Brochure/Additional Job Details
How to Apply
Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS); Ashburn, VA
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) helps build stronger communities by partnering with state and local government to strengthen building departments, support local economic development, respond to and recover from natural disasters, and provide technical assistance and advice in the building environment. IBTS combines private sector efficiency with governmental accountability. It has a staff of more than 100 engineers, architects, technicians, and administrators with a broad range of experience and certifications in the building, energy, and technology environments.
IBTS supports state and local government through direct service contracts and training and capacity building. Its mission in every project is to solve the problem, meet the immediate needs, and increase the capacity of the government to do the job better itself.
Back to Search Results