Under the administrative direction of the Town Manager, this position directs, plans, and oversees the Administration divisions of Finance, Information Technology, and Human Resources for assigned programs and projects.
• Performs duties assigned by the Town Manager in the overall general management of the Town.
• Responds to and resolves resident inquiries and concerns; negotiates and resolves controversial issues; responds to Town Manager, Town Council, and Executive Team in a timely manner.
• Administers the effective and efficient planning, implementation, coordination and management of services provided to the residents of Prosper by municipal employees by providing guidance and direction to Administration staff.
• Assists with development of long and short-range plans though solicited input from Town Council, community organizations, private citizens, department heads and officials.
• Consults and directs assigned department directors in solving administrative problems, developing and implementing changes in organization or procedures, to meet Town goals.
• Reviews applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations for compliance, and makes recommendations to appropriate departments where non-compliance issues might arise or to develop and implement new ordinances and regulations to enhance, update, modify, or clarify existing ordinances.
• Assists with development and coordination of Town affairs with federal, state and local entities, federal and state agencies, civic and private groups, and citizens.
• Promotes Town programs, activities, services, and business opportunities in order to increase economic development opportunities.
• Oversees construction projects designed to support economic development projects.
• Negotiates relocation and tax incentive packages.
• Works with other departments to develop techniques to identify more efficient and effective ways of accomplishing tasks.
• Plans, coordinates and directs the work of assigned Town departments through delegation of authority and responsibility to department directors.
• Attends regularly scheduled and special meetings and participates actively in discussions of matters coming before the Town Council, provides relevant information and recommends policies required in the public interest.
• Advises department heads in the preparation and implementation of new programs and coordinates preparations of various operating and administrative reports.
• Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; prepares cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned areas to assure sound fiscal control; assures efficient use of budget funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
• Provides guidance and support to other departments in regards to human resources, information technology, finance and related operations.
• Oversees the administration of operating and capital budget duties including establishment of policies for carrying out budget directives, and reviewing operating and capital budgets periodically to analyze trends.
• Oversees the administration of the policies and procedures within the Town and ensures that appropriate linkages exist between budget goals, purchasing procedures, funding limitations and service levels adopted to meet specific Town, department, and Town Council goals.
• Prepares agenda items for, and gives presentations to, the Town Council and Town Boards and Commissions, including financial reports, graphs, charts, and other illustrative materials by gathering and analyzing data.
• Represents the Town Manager as needed and serves as acting Town Manager, as assigned.
• Adheres to personnel, safety, and other policies and procedures.
• Informs Town Manager of all work-related activities.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
• A Master’s Degree in related field may be substituted for two years of experience.
• Must have a valid Texas Class C driver’s license and driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
• Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug screening and thorough background check.
• Must have excellent managerial, leadership, organization, customer and public relations, personnel management and budgetary skills.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be able to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, prioritize and organize work assignments, work well under pressure and stress, and make competent decisions.
• May work extensive hours, as needed to attend board, Town Council, and other related meetings.
Brochure/Additional Job Details
How to Apply
Please visit our website at www.prospertx.gov to complete and submit an online application.
Back to Search Results