ICMA is the premier local government leadership and management organization. Our mission is to create excellence in local governance worldwide by providing technical and management assistance, training, and information resources.
A Rare Opportunity:
As Regional Director MidWest and an ICMA member, you will have the great responsibility for building effective working relationships with state and affiliate organizations in the region. You will support members, drive ICMA outcomes, and advance the local government profession. You will have the authority to plan and direct programs in the region and you’ll be tasked with creating visibility through the development of new and strengthened relationships with a wide range of organizations. As Regional Director you will organize seminars, give presentations, write articles and develop joint venture opportunities. If this sounds like you, please continue reading.
· Develop tailored strategies to build membership
· Build connections with the state association leadership and staff
· Attend state association conferences and Board of Directors meetings in each state
· Review the state affiliation agreements with each state Board of Directors annually, and provide a written report
· Conduct regular status calls with ICMA Vice Presidents. State Association Presidents, State Staff and State Liaisons
· Prepare quarterly reports
· Direct the activities of state liaisons
· Maintain connection with regions ICMA Student Chapters
· Participate in ICMA Annual Conference
· Represent ICMA on behalf of the Executive Director as needed
· ICMA member
· Master’s Degree in Public Administration or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· 10-15 years of professional experience including detailed knowledge of local government. Experience working in a local government at a senior level.
· Knowledge of local government structures, operations, and issues
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government officials, board members, staff, and ICMA members
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Skills in establishing priorities, planning and scheduling work, and coordinating projects
· Skills in business strategy, forecasting, business analytics, and developing business metrics
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint software preferred
What we can offer you:
· Health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
· Paid time off
· Generous retirement plan
· Provide the opportunity for ongoing professional development
Please provide a cover letter and salary requirements when applying. Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered. Please email Brooke Moore with questions, email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: November 20, 2017
The Human Resources Team at ICMA strives to ensure that the association employs high-quality, team-oriented, motivated staff who are engaged, disciplined and accountable. As a Team, we are committed to providing timely and efficient service and ensuring that our staff and our external customers are treated with the highest level of dignity, respect and care.
Back to Search Results