The City of Santa Clarita is committed to providing a challenging and meaningful work experience for college students. The City offers unique opportunities for students to gain hands-on and in-depth experience in a variety of disciplines related to local, regional, state, and federal government operations. We provide real world work assignments, which provide interns the opportunity to work side-by-side with professional City staff committed to teamwork and providing superior municipal services to the community of Santa Clarita.
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work with one or all of the following divisions: Administration, Building & Safety, Capital Improvement Projects, General Services, and Traffic & Transportation Planning. This candidate will also contribute to various assignments that both assist with future planning of Public Works projects/programs and help identify opportunities for improvement with current processes.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing data
- Working on special projects both department and City-wide
- Providing recommendations to help meet departmental goals and objectives
The day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in achieving departmental goals and objectives
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Reviewing and analyzing data and providing recommendations
- Meeting/communicating with various staff and other agencies to obtain information on assigned projects
- Assist in coordination of interagency meetings
- May assist with general administrative support, as needed
The following skills, knowledge, and abilities are highly desirable for program participation:
- General understanding of governmental organizations and municipal operations.
- Research techniques, survey methods, and data collection.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with all levels of staff and the community.
- Computer experience, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of budget/financial analysis and management principles/procedures.
How to Apply
online at www.santa-clarita.com
City of Santa Clarita, CA
Back to Search Results