Assistant to the Village Manager
This position provides professional management and project assistance to the Village Manager and Deputy Village Manager/CFO and provides support to all functions of the General Government Department (includes the Village Clerk, Communications Manager and Human Resources). Responsibilities of this position include:
• Serves as the Village ombudsman to hear, investigate and resolve concerns and suggestions of residents and businesses.
• Assists with crafting the Village’s public communication messages including drafting the monthly Village newsletter, preparing press releases and preparing time sensitive announcements for public distribution.
• Coordinates the preparation of the annual department budget and assists with the preparation of the Village’s five-year capital budget.
• Responds to Freedom of Information Requests and provides backup to the Village Clerk.
• Assists with the negotiation of various Village franchise agreements and collective bargaining agreements.
• Researches, drafts and presents various documents and reports, policies, procedures, resolutions and ordinances.
• Serves as staff liaison to various Village commissions.
To be successful in this position, candidates must be detail oriented and process driven and strong communicators. Applicants should have a Master’s degree in public administration, business or related field and a minimum of three years of related experience (or equivalent combination). The starting salary for this exempt position is anticipated to be low to mid $80s depending upon qualifications with a generous benefit package.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant to Village Manager in the subject field. Position open until filled.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: HR@northbrook.il.us
Back to Search Results