The City of Sugar Land is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Assistant Director of Economic Development.
Through dynamic, proactive and partnership-oriented leadership, the Assistant Director will be responsible for providing assistance and leadership in the fulfillment of the Office of Economic Development's comprehensive activities, strategic initiatives and administrative responsibilities including the supervision of staff and development of budgets. Leadership of primary industry recruitment through external marketing and the retention/expansion of existing businesses are major responsibilities.
Please visit our employment page at www.sugarlandtx.gov/jobs to learn more about the position and the ideal candidate!
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, urban planning, real estate development, finance, or a related field from an accredited school or university is required. A Master's degree is preferred
* Current CEcD, PCED, EDFP, and/or CCIM designation is desirable
* Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in an economic development field (note: experience in the banking, finance or real estate industry alone will not sufficiently satisfy the requirement). A Master's degree or a recognized economic development certification (see below) may be substituted for two years of experience.
* The candidate should have a proven track record of developing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of economic development programs, projects and initiatives.
* Minimum of 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
* Extensive experience with Texas economic development incentive programs (Type A & B Corporations, Tax Abatements, Direct Incentives, Chapter 380's, Enterprise Zones, Skills Development, etc) and an understanding of the restrictions associated with the usage of funds derived from these sources is preferred.
* Municipal or public affairs experience is preferred.
Brochure/Additional Job Details
How to Apply
Back to Search Results